The Amon Carter Museum of American Art seeks a Gallery Attendant on a part-time basis. A Gallery Attendant under the supervision of the Security Supervisors, insures the safety of the collection, building, and visitors; assist visitors and ensures they feel welcome in the museum; assist in emergency situations as assigned. Work closely with Visitor Services Representatives to provide visitors with a positive and memorable experience at the museum. This is an essential staff position.
· Welcome and assist visitors with a high level of customer service, providing a welcoming and friendly environment for the visitors to enjoy their museum experience.
· Observe museum visitors in all situations making sure that they do not touch or endanger works of art, paying particularly close attention during special events with large numbers of visitors present.
· Insure visitor compliance with security procedures in a manner that promotes a positive visitor experience.
· Provide visitors with brief information as needed, which may include information on directions, exhibitions, special events, and the cultural district; refer more in-depth questions to the Visitor Services Representative; furnish/reinforce museum rules regarding photography in the galleries.
· Regularly observe surroundings to detect damage to the museum structure or works of art. Report evidence of damage to Security Supervisor or Control Room Operator immediately.
· Be advised during roll call of special visitors or programs scheduled during your shift; advise your relief of this information.
· Assist with evacuation from galleries, rescue from elevators, and use of fire extinguishers as required.
· Provide security for other locations in the building or grounds; accompany outside vendors and contractors to behind-the-scenes locations and supervise them as they work. Assignments may occur on Mondays or outside regular museum hours.
· Maintain confidentiality; other duties as requested.
Skills and Requirements
· Ability to interact and approach visitors without hesitation.
· Ability to communicate professionally, courteously, and effectively with a wide range of visitors, volunteers, and staff.
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
· Must be able to understand and follow chain of command.
· Must be available to work hours needed to support the security department.
· Must be able carry and operate a fifteen-pound fire extinguisher.
· Must be able to assist persons requiring a wheelchair.
· Must be able to hear normal conversation; prosthetic acceptable.
· Friendly, courteous, engaging presence with all museum visitors, including children, families, and adults of all ages and abilities.
· Friendly, courteous, engaging presents with museum staff.
· Must be responsible, reliable, and flexible; able to take initiative, exercise good judgment, and follow instructions.
· High school diploma or equivalent; college courses preferred.
· Proper conversational use of English language required (bilingual skills helpful); must be able to transmit clear messages via radio. Must be able to read and understand written security and safety material.
Other Job Requirements
· Must pass post-offer drug screen and background screen.
To apply send cover letter, resume, and employment references to HR Manager, 3501 Camp Bowie Blvd., Fort Worth, TX 76107 fax (817) 665-4315, email email@example.com. EEOC.